Rabbit / DIYAH Forum
- I am very attached to mine. I have a heavily modded MF V8, V1, V2 a Neco SS... all kinds of things, but the one I actually use is the Ember nowadays. It's configurability is wonderful plus the absolute ease of changing a tube makes everything else look so clumsy in all honesty. Frans has done an unbelievably good design job on this. Plus the fact that you have the best support system around via this site and Jeremey who also appears on here. Two of the most helpful people I've known on the internet.
It has real authority. Sweet treble. Masses of power. Low noise. Runs cool. No problems with it whatsoever - I use it as a real treat to listen to if I'm honest. The only other amp that ever really kept me glued to it like that was my V2 which is also a very good amp but it doesn't have the same amount of power to drive my T40. The three in the series are all extremely nice. I've heard them all and love them all!!
Yeaster / DIYAH Forum
- After about a week of usage...... I've sold off my lyr without much struggle :o .... I noticed I've being going more and more toward ember even when I'm using it as a pre-amp and have totally stopped using lyr. The ember as a pre-amp is surprisingly solid, it opens up the soundstage of my amp and has tighter bass control. My speakers have a "bright / sharp" characteristic sound. The ember manages to tame the "brightness / sharpness" a fair bit. (amp = belcanto c5i, speakers = usher s520). Seriously loving this with the siemens e88cc tubes.
- I've compared the Project Starlight / 12AU7 ECC802 RAYTHEON w/ Long Black-plates (With Hifimediy USB Sabre DAC As source) vs Aune T1 / 6N27P Voshkod 1969 (excellent sounding vintage tube), the Aune T1 is very good with this tube, but Project Starlight is still better :) more punchy, great extension, and good bass slam, more accurate. I've tried to change LM4562na to OPA2604ap, not good idea, the sound was fuzy, muddy, i will stick with LM4562na and never change them again.
Your amp is really Excellent with my Alessandro and my AKG K601, great synergy, no artificial harshness, great reserve of power, just perfect.
Thanks again Jeremy And Frans
- Listening to the ember right now, fantastic amp. You guys did a great job. Considering the many thousands I have invested into HIFI with DACs and amps I have set up around the house (much to my wife's chagrin), the Ember just gets it right. Bravo!!! Keep up the good work, I will be watching for your next creation.
- I've had my original unit since June/July of 2011. I have tons of hours listening to it, be it Music, TV/Movies or Podcasts. I always listen with my AT-M50's and the sound, oh the sound. I won't describe it other then this : Every person who has plugged into my amp has recognized the auditory difference immediately and asked "Where do I get one and how much?" As noted in my previous review that I'd want another, I did buy another in August of this year (2012) for use at home. Both use similar tubes, my favorite is the Russian 6n23p from the Reflektor Plant. I can't say enough good things about it. Always helpful, great resource and prompt with everything. I may just have to get a third unit now
- For what it's worth, that Sunrise is 'kick butt'. Hard to describe but it just seems to do everything right. I've listened to many head amps over the last 10 years and have done a few DYI projects and the Sunrise is easily the best I have heard and I only expect it to improve as the caps settle in. Along with the wonderful highs, vocals and bass, I think it's the "attack" that really puts it out front.Nice job!
Heliharris / RG Forum:
- The quality of manufacture, of top and bottom plate, is quiet exceptional, the "cut" and finish of these items is amongst the best i have come across as an Engineer, i have no doubt that this applies to the electronic components supplied also.
Hiflight / RG Forum:
- I completed my Sunrise kit #0002 last night. Construction took about 3 hours working slowly and carefully. Packaging of components is the best of any of the many kits I have build over the years. All labeling matches the printing on the board, so it is nearly impossible to make a parts mounting error.
- I have to also add my compliments here as well; my kit (#K0002) went together with no difficulty, largely due to the superb packaging of the components. Sound is outstanding with all of the tubes I have tried thus far.
- Amazingly, the Sunrise can drive all of my phones with authority including my K1000, K340 and HE6! These are noted for their challenging amplifier requirements.
- The sound exceeds my expectations in all respects. Unbelievably, the Sunrise powers my HE-6 effortlessly with the volume control set at about the 12:30 position.
I find that the 10 ohm resistor setting seems to provide more bass impact with the phones I am using, and feel that the tonal balance across the audio spectrum is ideal. Sound stage is expansive with excellent imaging, both in width and depth. My sincere compliments to everyone who was involved in bringing this fine amplifier to the marketplace!
Imagemaker18 / RG Forum:
- I received the kit yesterday afternoon and had it all assembled by evening. It was as you said, a breeze! ??? 8-) Took me about 4 hours including setting up, and I was intentionally being slow and deliberate, double checking every step, and taking care in making good soldering connections.
- I am now letting the unit burn-in for awhile, but so far, it sounds absolutely superb, clean and transparent, with a nice open and expanded sound stage!
Kastle / Head-FI
- I've been using my Audio-GD NFB12 all week and while it's a really nice unit, Sunrise is still better. I really haven't heard anything that comes close to it. Just absolutely love the unit. I'm looking forward to getting back to the office next week and spending more quality time with it.
- Even listening to older low recording quality stuff via iTunes sound good. Old like 80's metal. I listened to Iron Maiden's famous "Live and Death" and it was like I was there. And I say that sober too. I'm almost tempted to sell both the Bravo and Little Dot and get another Sunrise just for home, it's so incredible.
Whiteghost / RG Forum:
- I will make another tests when i'll received the cables... but the sound of the Sunrise is far better than my Audio-GD C-2 with MOON OPAs, it means that the little Sunrise is REALLY an amp that rocks !!!
- Just tried the Project Sunrise directly connected to my DAC 19-DSP :) And Waooow i must incline myself in front of a such Sound !!! Definitively "Tubey" and powerful
- I have just tried my Sunrise with the K601, what a hugggggggggGGGGGgggge improvement over my Audio GD C-2 : soundstage is wider, more natural and aerier, Bass slam is now a reality, you can feel the impact of the bass in your head, it's great percussive and natural…
- Highs are a little more sharpen than on the C-2 but it's not a bad thing, the music seems more natural now, more living… I was hesitating between Bottlehead Crack, Schiit lyr or asgard, Darkvoice 336 or 3322, Little dot mk IV before to buy the Sunrise… And i don't regret it at all, the Sunrise is really a "Little Big Amp"!
- Yes the Sunrise merit to be associated to a 450$ DAC, Sunrise is not the same price, but it's in the same league…
- This vintage 6n23P has an excellent bass, with great quality, details and texture, and a tremendous extension : Not deep but abyssal...
Rabbit / RG Forum:
- Get one, man!! It's a toob lover's dream. Honestly, it has big bass weight and retains clarity because the bass is very quick acting. The slam is beautiful.
- These guys are geniuses. To make an amp like this, tuned to what people want to hear. It doesn't get much better.
- This amp is warm with a huge bass quantity and attack. It also goes extremely loud and makes the V8 seem underpowered by comparison. It has a very big presentation to say the least.
- I REALLY like this amp. It has powerful dynamics. A fantastic 'clarity' above a warm, fat bass so it has plenty of slam and is fast and I haven't even mentioned much about the sense of space and beautiful tone that it has. Congratulations Jeremy and Frans. It's a cracker!!! I'm so glad I'm getting one!!!
- It has an amazing bass, without taking much out elsewhere. Also, the top seems to sound very natural with no 'tizzing' on cymbals. It's quite funny that such a little amp sounds so big!!
- Oh ...... no one has mentioned this and it is often taken for granted. The volume pot tracks superbly at the bottom, so it's a quality one for sure. I love it when there's attention to detail like that. Very important listening late at night when you really don't need it loud. I'm staying up especially to listen late at night. ;) Still wearing the suit and dickie bow. ::)
- It's a gorgeous sounding amp with plenty of power to drive less sensitive headphones. In fact, it becomes invisible after a while because you get so involved with the music. It's one of the best amps that I have,
Texan / USA / RG Forum:
- The volume dial is worth the upgrade by itself! lol! It's responsive without being uber sensitive. Unlike the indeed, it also flows more freely, helping avoid the accidental eardrum blowout. The finish on the top is much cleaner around the edges, and the PCB is beautiful....
- The LED, while purely cosmetic in nature is a cool addition, and the fact that it will glow amber makes more sense to me than blue or red.
- The silence is beautiful. No distortion to speak of.
- Seriously, it shows. Cheers! I'm not touching a thing until it has 100 hours or more on it. You've done great. It is a tremendous value for the quality, turn-around time and options. I'm very proud of my unit and will sing the praises for as long as it elicits them, and with the quality I've seen so far and the confidence I have in the warranty, that's likely going to be a LONG time. Plus it's nice seeing something made in the USA kicking some arse!
- An excellent seller selling one heck of an amp! A++++++++++++++ (PROJECT EMBER)
- Killer Amp! Great Customer Service! -- I'll be selling my S****t A****d 2 now! (PROJECT EMBER)
- My music sounds fresh again! FAST shipping... GREAT amp!! (PROJECT EMBER)
- Very fast shipping,outstanding quality&USA made. 5stars. Thanks,Dave. (SUNRISE III)
- This drives my headphones beautifully to volumes and places they've never gone! (SUNRISE III)
- Oh yeah...perfection! Great amp, fast shipping. Thank you! (PROJECT EMBER)
- Pleasure to deal with Jeremy. Prompt shipping. And, a fantastic product! (PROJECT EMBER)
- Upgraded to PS2, Phenomenal sound quality! Thanks Jeremy. Top Notch seller!!!! (SUNRISE II)
- Fantastic!! Excellent quality, communications, value and pckng, best experience! (SUNRISE II)
- Holy sound quality difference. .. amazing seller and builder..... (HORIZON)
- AWESOME device, quick to ship - many thanks. Gr8 Ebayer, will deal again !! (SUNRISE II)
- SUPERB service! Best ebayer EVER! I reccomend garage1217 to everyone! :-) A++++ (HORIZON)
- Unbelievably fantastic!! Great amp, great service. (SUNRISE II)
- Sound of this item improves with every play, how much better can it get? (SUNRISE II)
- Fantastic kit,amazing value for $,quick respose and joy to deal with ManyThanks! (SUNRISE II)
- Excellent amp and workmanship; Fast shipper; Exceeded my expectations; A+++ (SUNRISE II)
- High quality kit. Great instructions. Fast shipping. Thanks!!! (SUNRISE II)
- Great quality product! Very interesting to construct, easy to use manual! (SUNRISE II)
- high quality product, great communication, prompt delivery, A+++++ (SUNRISE II)
- Sounds fantastic, great seller. highly recommend. Communication great. (SUNRISE II)
- Great seller, wonderful little amp, nice quality, fast shipping. Thanks! (SUNRISE II)
- Absolutely love the Sunrise Amp. Sounds fantastic and the quality is excellent. (SUNRISE II)
- I doubt you could find a more well put together kit sounds great perfect 5 stars (SUNRISE II)
- Stunningly good amp! Sounds better than my more expensive amps. A+ (SUNRISE II)
- Exceptional kit, extremely satisfied of my purchase ! (SUNRISE II)
- Excellent transaction, prime quality item received super fast. Recommended!! (SUNRISE II)
- A work of art. Exceptional quality. Beautiful sound.Perfect. Thanks! (SUNRISE II)
- Incredible little amp that far exceeded my expectations! (SUNRISE II)
- Great amp kit and a great compnay to deal with. Sounds amazing and took 2hrs (SUNRISE II )
- Wow! Fast shipping and A+ service! Best sound per dollar ive ever spent! Period. (SUNRISE II)
- The excellent seller! The excellent goods! Qualitative packing! I recommend!!! (SUNRISE II)
- Wow. The only thing better than the service is the sound quality itself. Thanks! (SUNRISE II)
- Great sounding amp, high quality worksmanship, fast shipping. Very impressed! (SUNRISE II)
- Fabulous! Really nice folks, fast shipping, and it's a GREAT kit. Thank you!!! (SUNRISE II)
Just Some of our Ebay feedback under GARAGE1217:
Random feedback of our products:
Random website links reviews, opinions and discussions on our products: