Project Sunrise III... Where to start with this tried and tested beauty? Project Sunrise was our first amplifier design. She has sold all over the globe and has been reviewed, tested and loved for years. She was the first in a series of tweak-able hybrids which simply give so much more vs. the competition. She is what started all this madness for us! In 2012 we started offering the version II of this design, further pushing what we could do. Then in late 2013, beginning of 2014, Sunrise III arrived adding some nice features yet retaining the Sunrise sound. If you are looking for an amplifier that can really deliver specifically into lower impedance headphones then Sunrise III is for you. Overall an outstandingly musical amplifier with great power.
New features of Sunrise III
- 3 Output resistance settings
- Revised layout
- Line-out bypass (when headphones are plugged in)
- Variable input gain with easy to swap gain module
- Revised protection circuit with LED indication
General Features of Project Sunrise III:
- Designed in the U.S. & Netherlands. Kitted or Built in the U.S. depending on how you order / 5 YEAR WARRANTY ON G1217 BUILT AMPS
- All parts sourced in the U.S. From reputable distributors, NO FAKE COUNTERFEIT PARTS, CAPACITORS OR RESISTORS!
- Only top quality components used, such as Bourns pro audio potentiometer, Bourns trimmers, Low noise Vishay/Dale RN, CMF and CPF 1% resistors, Nichicon and Wima capacitors, Fairchild IRL510 Mosfets & top quality LM317AT’s used, Neutric phono jack. Ruggedized PCB RCA jacks, Rugged 5a power switch ETC… RCA's, tube socket, phono jacks and even jumpers are gold plated
- Beautiful piano gloss black .096 thick double sided, 2oz PCB with top and bottom ground planes & gold wash. Will not bend or flex while inserting a tube!
- 1A Dedicated heater power supply, no piggy-backing off LM317's which is a cheap, non desirable way of powering the tube heaters
- Turn on / off protection for your headphones and audio gear
- Supports a wide range of 6V or 12V tubes with voltage selection
- Built in test points to easily and quickly dial in bias or dial in bias via the Easy Set LED indicators!
- Class A, No overall Feedback
- Fused with reverse polarity protection
- Chassis is beautifully laser cut and serialized.
- Chassis hardware features all stainless steel allen bolts, washers and nuts. Stand-offs are aluminum along with top cover thumb screws
- Each factory built amplifier is meticulously hand built and tested prior to shipping. Solder work is outstanding and clean with no flux or fingerprints left on the board. Pride in workmanship is evident from every angle of this amp. What you see in photos is the quality of build you will get!
- An RGB LED is available under the tube which can allow you to turn the tube ANY color you desire via 3 trimmers, or cover the LED so all that you see is the glow of the tube!
For Advanced Tuners:
- Input capacitor section is drilled for multiple capacitor footprints. 2, 2.5, 3.5, 5 or 7.5mm spacing available
- Output capacitor section is drilled for 7.5mm
- Power supply capacitor section is drilled for 7.5mm
- Input capacitors can be bypassed for optimal sound (can result in a scratchy sound only when adjusting volume)
- Variable output resistance, selectable from 1, 32 or to 69ohm
Actual Project Sunrise Measurements:
- Single ended OTL class-A output stage.
- Power consumption: 13W continuous 19W peak
- Power supply: 24VDC (0.55A cont, 0,8A peak)
- Input Resistance: 11k / 31kOhm gain module dependent
- Input Sensitivity (6N23): 270mV (dependent on tube)
- Gain: 14-26dB (dependent on tube)
- Max Output voltage (no load): 5.4V
- Output Resistance: Selectable 1, 32 or 69Ohm
- Frequency Response: 4 Hz – 350 KHz (-3dB) with 32 Ohm load
- Signal to Noise ratio: 91dBA (dependent on tube)
- Crosstalk: -88dB (dependent on tube)
- THD: > 0.013% (dependent on tube)
- Suitable for: 32 - 300 Ohm HeadphonesTubes
- 6.5L X 5W X 2.75H in inches
- Acrylic Chassis .89lb (without power supply)
- Aluminum Chassis 1.24lb (without power supply)
Project Sunrise 3.1 - Tube Headphone Amplifier and Pre-Amplifier:
Optimized for Headphones 32 - 300ohm | Shown in both aluminum and acrylic chassis options
click to view gallery